- : Android, Java, Android SDK, UI Designing, Performance Tuning, Mobile platforms, Mobile Applications REST
- 2+ years of experience required.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science/IT - Any Specialization
Desired skills as a developer
- Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working in a team with other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure.
- -Ability to focus and deliver proactively in a dynamic, multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- -Mastery of the Android SDK especially Apps service architecture and User experience. Design Apps for different versions of Android, different screen sizes and permission requirements.
- -Should demonstrate knowledge and capabilities on how the App interacts with other devices/systems when using Bluetooth, Wifi (Wifi direct/point-to-point and Access point modes) and GPRS/3G interfaces.
- -Should be able to design Apps seamlessly handling cases where there are connection interceptions to other interfaces/devices due to various reasons. Few examples of these scenarios are - Using the App in basement of a building or using App in a low signal area or using the App on a low bandwidth connection and using the App on a connection with interruptions.
- -A good number of Apps will be used by internal teams for device fitments, operations, field testing and also be used by other partner organizations/suppliers. Should be able to develop quality Apps in 2/3 weeks time and quick and dirty Apps in 1 weeks time.
- - Take ownership of the design, architecture and planning of the features to be implemented.
- - Should possess capabilities to design and build beautiful user interfaces on Mobile. Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application. - Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- - Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services. Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- - Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- - Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- - Understanding of Google Android design principles and interface guidelines
- - Must have worked on robust UI applications.
- - Ability to work single handedly on the App
- - Ability to work in a team environment.